Anastasia Web is a popular Russian and Ukrainian dating site aimed at the Russian mail order bride market. The site has thousands of profiles of beautiful single Russian ladies looking for marriage. There are also ladies from other former Soviet countries such as Belarus and Moldova. The site is also known as Anastasia International.
Anastasia Web Dating Site Review
The Anastasia dating site has a basic search engine where you can specifiy a few criteria such as country, age and English language speaking ability.
There are also themed galleries with Russian bikini and lingerie babes as well as ladies sorted by hair color.
If you're a Western man who is interested in finding a Russian bride through the site, you need to register for the site in order to see full details of each lady. Registration is free, but you need to pay to contact a lady. There are also a few additional services you can pay for, such as the ability to send a lady a gift.
Look around the web and you'll see that AnastasiaWeb has a bit of a poor reputation with regards to scams. Let's get this perfectly straight though - it's possible to meet scammers on pretty much all dating services. Even Match.com and Plenty of Fish have problems with scammers. The best way to avoid the scammers is to learn to recognise them. Scammers usually contact you first. In their early letters to you they will usually ask for money or they will talk of love. Another common tactic is to try to arrange to meet you in another country (needless to say the travel plans will go horribly wrong and you'll inevitably be asked for money to help sort it out). It's important to remember that you must never send money to any Russian lady you meet online. And nobody should immediately fall deeply in love through online dating.
The bigger problem with sites like Anastasia Web is that they're very expensive. Every time you send a letter to a Russian or Ukrainian lady on Anastasia Web you have to spend some of your website credits. Credits are cheaper if you buy them in bulk, but they're still expensive.
Now I've not used the Anastasia Russian dating site, but I've used a very similar Asian dating website called Chnlove. I had to pay every time I sent or received a letter from the ladies I wanted to communicate with. Problems I had at Chnlove included:
- I got sent admirer letters from all kinds of unsuitable ladies, usually ladies who were at least 5 years younger than the age range I'd specified in my profile. This should NEVER happen. But on Chnlove it did. How many guys waste their credits writing to these young beauties I wonder? Strangely once I registered on the flat rate subscription fee Chinese Love Links, I got a lot fewer letters from the much younger girls. So I suspect there was some fraud at work on Chnlove.
- The same lady sent me the same letter twice. So I effectively paid for that letter twice.
- I had some evidence that a lady I was paying to send letters to was actually an agency employee. How can I prove this? It's pretty much impossible.
- Some translators were much better than others. I could have overlooked my ideal foreign bride just because her translator was having an off day.
- Lots of letters looked like they were just standard off the shelf responses. I begrudged paying over $5 to receive a letter that took less than 2 minutes to write.
- More than anything, I found that some of the more unscrupulous agencies would be very slow to answer my questions. So I'd have to send more and more letters just to find out the basic facts about the lady I was writing to.
Beyond this, other men have experienced even more issues with these sorts of site. One particular issue is that even if your lady you're communicating with writes perfectly good English, you're still expected to have to pay for the translation service. In some cases your lady might even have a better English language test score than your translator!
It's possible that AnastasiaWeb could suffer from the same issues, so if you use this site then make sure you're on the lookout for this kind of goings on. Having said that, having a human translator to translate your letters is useful if you have no knowledge of Russian. Human translators are useful once you've decided to correspond with a lady you like, but they're expensive when you are just sending out your first one or two letters to ladies you like the look of. But then again, the letters you get will be in the voice of the translator, so you're never quite sure if you're falling in love with the lady you're talking to, or with her translator.