DominicanCupid is a popular online dating website aimed at the Dominican Republic dating scene. The site is used both by Dominican Republic men and women looking for partners, and also by Western men seeking Dominican mail order brides.
DominicanCupid is quick and easy to sign up to for free membership. The free membership option gives you the opportunity to view member profiles and see if you like the site. Unlike many other dating sites, free members can actually contact other members, but only if they've taken out a paid subscription. As with most dating sites, this means that men have to pay if they want to contact the ladies on the site.
There are two membership plans, Gold and Platinum. Both are pretty similar. It's worth paying a little more for Platinum membership as this means your profile is listed ahead of Gold members in the search results.
DominicanCupid is run by Cupid Media, an Australian company with a huge network of international and interracial dating sites. The company is legitimate so it's perfectly safe to sign up to. Customer support is generally good.
DominicanCupid itself is available in both English and Spanish. It's popular with Dominican people who have internet access at home or at work, so they can register themselves for the site. On the downside because the women are adding themselves to the site quality control isn't as good as some of the mail order bride themed websites. Sometimes women upload pretty blurry photos of themselves, and they don't often write much about themselves. Don't discount these ladies - sometimes they're the best ones to contact as they're more likely to be genuine ladies, and other men may have overlooked them.
The website's search engine and other features are great. It's easy to keep track of members who you are interested in, and you can see who is interested in you. It's easy to review your favorite members, which is essential because on a site like this you can get a lot of interest!
As far as the site's members go, there are a wide range of people on the site. Cupid Media's sites do attract some high quality members, and it's not too difficult to find professional women on the site, as well as women who just want to be housewives. The site has plenty of success stories. Of course, they don't tell you the subsequent divorce rate of couples who have met through the site, but in general marriages between American men and foreign ladies have a lower divorce rate than between two American citizens.
When using DominicanCupid it's essential to be on the lookout for scams. Whatever Cupid Media says, their sites are popular with scammers. There is minimal ID checking required to register, and if a scammer is found they can simply sign up again. Scammers are numerous on most mail order bride types of sites because normally the ladies can sign up for free, so scammers can usually register more quickly than they can be removed from the site.
The other thing to bear in mind is that scammer profiles aren't usually removed until there is evidence that a member is a scammer. So don't be their first victim!
I've used Cupid Media sites for a while now. There are plenty of suspicious ladies on their sites. I'd say that to avoid Dominican Cupid scammers you should:
- Avoid ladies without photos in their profile.
- Be slightly more suspicious of ladies who contact you first.
- Try to use the website's email and chat facilities rather than talking to ladies outside of the site.
- Scammers are usually younger ladies (18-28).
- Scammers don't tend to put a long list of requirements in their potential partner, and they will often be seeking a man between 18 and 80.
- Most dating site scammers talk to many men at once, so they often have trouble remembering what they've told you about themselves.
- Try to find a lady who has a full time job. Ladies who say they're self employed, or have a home business could be scammers.
- Avoid ladies who offer sexy chat sessions or other dubious things. Yes they can be a bit of fun, but this type of lady probably isn't really going to be good wife material.
- Report suspicious activity to the website operators.