So you're thinking about finding a Russian or Eastern European wife. How do you get started?
First of all, if you want an Russian wife, you're going to have to do a bit of thinking. Here are some key questions you need to ask yourself:
- Can you afford a Russian wife?
- What age difference is acceptable?
- Which country do you want to find a wife from? Do you specifically want a Russian bride, or are Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, the Baltic states or other former Soviet countries acceptable alternatives?
- Do you want your new Russian bride to move to your country after marriage?
- Does it matter if she is divorced, has children from a previous relationship or has other baggage?
- Does it matter if she doesn't speak English?
- Do you want a girl with a good career, or a girl who just wants to be a house wife?
- What should she look like? Blonde, brunette, tall, short - there are a wide variety of Russian ladies so you might have a particular body type in mind.
There are also some very basic things that you should do:
- Generally speaking, it's better not to tell your friends and family too much about your search for a Russian wife. The good news is that many of your friends and family will usually love your new bride. But in the early stages of your search for love, it's usually better to keep things to yourself.
- We men are told to impress ladies we want to marry. This is true to some extent. But do not fall into the trap of sending ladies gifts and money. Save these for after marriage. A lot of dating sites have flowers and gift ordering services. Just give these a wide berth if you can. By all means send small gifts to ladies - but post them yourself, and never post anything valuable.
- Take things slowly! Don't spend two weeks on a Russian brides dating site then rush off to meet the first lady who sends you an email. Take 2-3 months to talk to a whole range of ladies.
- On the other hand. Don't take things too slowly! Russian ladies spend a lot of time talking to men who don't keep their promises. If you say you're going to visit a lady then DO IT! A lady will never commit to you until you get that ring on her finger.
- Once you've decided on the country you want to find a wife from, then research that country. Read travel books. Buy some self help language books. Showing a lady you know something about her language and culture will impress her no end. Make sure you can easily travel to a particular country, and that you would be able to obtain a visa.
- Before you get too involved, make sure you can afford to find a Russian wife. Budget on at least 2 trips to Eastern Europe a year. And remember that you'll have to support your new wife once you're married. Don't use up all your savings looking for a wife and then find out you can't support her.
- If you haven't got one, apply for a passport!
Choosing an Russian Wife Online
Online dating has revolutionised the search for a foreign wife. There are a wide range of dating sites, and you can read about most of them on the Russian Dating Sites Guide.
If you want to choose the best Russian bride for you, then talk to a lot of ladies! Don't always go for the youngest, or the best looking. Choose a lady who is a little different, and who seems genuinely interested in you. If a lady makes a lot of effort to talk to you a lot then she's interested in you.
One thing to watch out for is that some parts of Russia and Eastern Europe are more difficult to travel to. It's usually a good idea to focus on finding ladies in an one of the larger cities in which you can easily travel to. It will also be easier to find reserve ladies in these cities in case your first choice turns out to be unsuitable.
Sadly all Russian dating sites have problems in one way or another. Scammers are a major issue. It is inevitable you will encounter scam ladies so make sure you learn how to spot them. Don't worry too much though - there are plenty of decent ladies on Russian dating sites, and I've had some fantastic times visiting the foreign ladies I've met online.
Most Russian dating sites are free to sign up to, so try some out and see if you like the look of the ladies on the site. This is how I got started.
My favorite Russian dating sites are A Belarus Bride, Elena's Models and Russian Euro. A Belarus Bride is well regarded by the many American men who have found their Russian brides through the site. Elena's Models is an affordable site, and the site owner Elena Petrova puts a lot of effort into making the site the best Russian online dating site around. Russian Euro has problems with scammers, but if you're more experienced at Russian dating then you should be able to spot the bad ladies. I like Russian Euro because it has an affordable membership plan, there are some high quality ladies and the site has first rate search and matchmaking facilities.