Most dating sites suffer from problems with scams and scammers. So even if you're using a reputable site such as UkraineDate.com, it's essential to be on your guard at all times!
Tips for avoiding scammers on UkraineDate.com include:
- Avoid talking to anyone who hasn't uploaded any photos of themselves. Maybe these ladies are shy, or maybe they're scammers. Either way, it's best to be wary of them.
- Ladies who have paid for Gold or Platinum membership are probably the most trustworthy. However, their profiles will be very visible on the site and they will get a lot of interest from men. Unfortunately there aren't too many female Gold and Platinum members on any of the Cupid Media sites - the ladies usually wait for the men to contact them first, or they only bother with the men who have proven they have a little cash in the bank because they have paid for membership of the site.
- Be wary of members who haven't verified their profiles. UkraineDate.com displays a badge on the profile of members who have successfully verified their identity.
- Scammers are usually the newer members of a dating site, so be wary of new members. Don't forget however that sometimes well organised scammers open accounts then leave them dormant for a while.
- Scammers are usually young and beautiful. In other words they would be your dream Ukrainian date!
- Don't fall in love with anyone's dating profile. Wait until you've actually met them in person, and even then be cautious.
- Ladies who talk about money early in the relationship are best avoided. Ladies who ask a lot of questions about your house and income may be looking for a sugar daddy or visa/green card sponsor, so proceed with caution.
- Avoid ladies who want to talk to you on another dating site. This is often so that they can carry out a scam without the UkraineDate.com anti-fraud measures being triggered. They might also be ladies represented by marriage agencies who want to get more money out of you by charging you for a letter writing translation service.
- If you suspect a lady is up to no good, then don't hesitate to report her to the site administrators.
- Finally remember that love does cloud our judgement, so don't be one of the many people who have lost their life savings to a nasty internet dating scam.